Caution:

CAUTION: This blog contains adult themed material, references to alcohol and promiscuity, as well as some mild language. View at your own discretion.







Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Contact

Upon arrival to home base, I used my laptop to research the local area. I was told to merely make contact with the operative, nothing more. Since they didn't know me and I only knew the name Zelda, I decided just to get visible and see what I could find out.



For the most part, the locals are used to tourists asking tons of questions. I introduced myself as Jule and gave the impression I was a single woman looking for some excitement. It wasn't long before I was approached by a woman asking if I was interested in an adventure. I logged her name and comments into my secret database.

 Another foray into the field led to an encounter with the Police Municipale. He said he noticed that I seemed to be lost and offered to give me directions. To keep to my cover, I turned up the charm. Despite the ring I saw on his finger, he offered to show me around "personally". I was saved from answering when a tourist wrecked their moped into a market stand. His name was logged ... as well as his apparent indiscretion. 

 Two days later, I was returning from this little cafe down the street when I noticed a new paper tacked to the local message board. It was a hand-written notice about photography classes being offered for a small fee. On the bottom, someone had written a message in red then crossed it out. "Zelda 747" 



I made my way to the market I had visited everyday since my arrival. I stopped at each shop, browsing the items and keeping my eyes and ears alert. I finally saw what I was looking for. I had the merchant ring up my purchase ... a cheap disposable camera. The total was 747 in euros.



I was glad this mission was over because two months away from my family was hard. I was able to call Adam once from my secure line but I couldn't wait to get back to the states and be held in his strong arms once again. Maybe when Carter was older, we could take a trip to France as a family.  


No comments:

Post a Comment