Caution:

CAUTION: This blog contains adult themed material, references to alcohol and promiscuity, as well as some mild language. View at your own discretion.







Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday

 Carter was aging up! Oh, how we loved watching him change into a toddler and seeing whose features he had. I held him as Adam called everyone over for the cake. Everyone cheered as he blew out the candles.  





Adam cooked hamburgers and I served juice. We had the cake and ice cream as Carter opened his presents. The Dean children played with Carter and he had a ball. We laughed at the children's antics. It was no wonder Carter passed out early.




We decided to keep the party going even after the children were in bed. Dean and Reesha showed us how they can bogey, despite Reesha's pregnancy. They are such a cute couple! We were having a good time until Don had to ruin things.
Unbeknownst to me, Monica had asked Don to stop by the house for the party. I KNEW I should have had that talk with her! Don walks up to our outside bar like he was a guest of honor. When Monica came to greet him, he stared straight at me as he exuberantly kissed Monica. I lost it! I began to scream at him for showing up at my place and throwing his relationship with Monica in my face. He accused me of still being hooked on him, which I wasn't! I was so tired of everyone thinking I was still in love with Don. Monica claimed she had no idea about our history.    

Everything came to an abrupt halt as Reesha exclaimed in pain. The baby was coming! Don was no longer important, Reesha was. I had Monica keep an eye on Carter and the Dean children as Adam and I rushed Reesha and Dean to the hospital. We stayed until the baby was born. Galen Dean was 7 pounds 3 ounces and 20 inches long. 


 I spent some time with Reesha after she got home. We talked a lot about life and how things have changed so much since college. She suggested I not raise a fuss about Monica dating Don. Not only would people start talking but it might make Monica want to quit. I knew he was going to break her heart but Monica didn't believe me. I didn't believe any of the rumors about Don when we were engaged either. I guess some things have to be experienced.  
I talked with Monica about Don. I knew I couldn't control who she dated but I set down ground rules about Don not being allowed at the house. Nor is Carter allowed to be anywhere near him. She understood ... and agreed to keep my rules.  


Dean Family Portrait


No comments:

Post a Comment